maintaining my map from 2013

05-03-2019 01:58 PM
DanielMoore
New Contributor II

I made a web map in 2013 and have been periodically adding info to it since then. Apparently, things have changed. It won't let me load a layer to add to the map. It says the layer is too large and that I need to switch to an ArcGIS online account. But it doesn't say what size the layers are. I don't know what kind of account I have. Why is ESRI doing this to me? Don't they like me? I guess what I most need to know is what the size limit is now on the files I want to upload to my map. But I can see that I shouldn't count on this map being available much longer. Isn't that true? ESRI will kick me entirely off, won't they? Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

> It won't let me load a layer to add to the map. It says the layer is too large and that I need to switch to an ArcGIS online account. But it doesn't say what size the layers are. I don't know what kind of account I have. ... I guess what I most need to know is what the size limit is now on the files 

It sounds like you have a free ArcGIS Online public account. FYI, a public account comes with 2 GB of total storage space.

Some resources:

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos