Losing credits because I get logged out after performing analysis and the login page shows no GitHub SSO option

08-05-2022 11:50 AM
MPerry
by
New Contributor

Hello, I have been losing out on credits and time due to repeatedly being forced to login again while in the middle of working on a web map in ArcGIS Online.  The error usually occurs when I am trying to save something and the saves are not successful.  I made the very poor choice of using a GitHub SSO when I signed up for my ArcGIS Online account, and now every time I encounter a login screen through ArcGIS Online, the SSO option is not there and I have to do a hard cache reset of the site just to even login again, whereupon the cycle starts all over.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hi there! I'd like to try and get to the bottom of this but might need clarification. 

You say you lose credits when you are logged out while saving the map -- saving a web map should not consume credits. Are you running an analysis in Map Viewer that is taking a long time? Can you clarify your workflow when you see credits being consumed unexpectedly?

For the Github sign in, how long has this been an issue? When I attempt to sign in to ArcGIS Online, I see the Github SSO option available to me so you should too. Is this happening in all browsers as well?

Thank you! Hope we can get this sorted.

Sarah

0 Kudos