Login issue using Chrome on Mac

01-31-2018 10:35 AM
JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

We have noticed that the following occurs when trying to log onto ArcGIS Online using Chrome on a Mac. This does not occur using Safari on the same Mac machine, nor on Chrome on a Windows machine. The message comes up as "Unable to login using Idp Error parsing 'NAME_ID' from SAML response." 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using enterprise logins? 

0 Kudos
JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

Yes, but the message was coming up before logging into the Enterprise.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you get this error message just by navigating to https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html in Chrome on a Mac? You don't even click on the "enterprise login" button?

Does this happen on any other machines?

0 Kudos
JoshObrecht1
New Contributor III

Correct. This came from a campus user so I am not sure if it happens on other Macs. We do not having any where I am.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just tested this workflow here and I wasn't able to reproduce. I would suggest the following steps to continue troubleshooting on your end:

1. Test this on other Macs in your network and see if the same issue reproduces. It could be a machine specific issue.

2. Check the version of Chrome on the problematic machine and see if it's up to date.

0 Kudos
BillLeddy
New Contributor II

I had this issue, but only when I try to enable signed requests in the Identity Provider configuration in the ArcGIS Enterprise security settings.  Checking the "Sign using SHA256" option seems to make no difference.

What I have discovered is that you need to configure these settings in ArcGIS enterprise before getting the metadata to be used when configuring the Relying Party Trust in the Identity Provider Service.  Otherwise the metadata is missing the certificate information needed to handle the signed requests.   If you have the Relying party's federation metadata URL configured in the trust properties, you can "Update from Federation metadata..." after making changes to the ArcGIS Enterprise settings.  You may need to replace the token in the URL with a fresh one.

0 Kudos