Select to view content in your preferred language

Lines not drawing

Jump to solution
10-23-2022 11:23 PM
TimNilsson
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

Ive created a line feature in ArcGIS pro and published it to AGOL.

From that hosted feature layer ive created 2 viewlayers.

I put each layer in a webmap and set some filters on. 1 webmap works perfectly and the other one doesnt draw all the lines correctly, this also happens in FieldMaps but there its randolmy drawed. The lines in webmap is always the same and there is no visible range set. Any idea what causing this? I first had this problem only in FieldMaps but now it appears even in the webmap so i thought i do start troubleshoot it from there.

As u can see on the pictures some Blue lines are missing when zoomed out.Layers not drawing 1.JPGLayers not drawing 2.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The z could be it... if you start having verticies with same xy and z value could be anything and the geometry is not OGC compliant. I think if you ran the feature through the repair geometry with output set to OGC compliant that might fix the issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer and web map?

0 Kudos
TimNilsson
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

here it is!

If u look at my pics you should be able to locate the missing blue lines. In this layer its all yellow lines but the more you zoom in the more lines will appear.

Search for this : Vinterväghållning_linje_Ent_v5_vy

https://services3.arcgis.com/rusrCBFktCNPtUy3/arcgis/rest/services/Vinterv%C3%A4gh%C3%A5llning_linje...

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

On the settings tab for the hosted feature layer item can try to rebuild indexes

0 Kudos
TimNilsson
Occasional Contributor

Ive tried this steps below here already.

• Corrected some self-intersecting features.
  • Rebuilt index.
  • Created new view layer.

Could it be something with the Z values? i have no idea why i created a layer with z values.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The z could be it... if you start having verticies with same xy and z value could be anything and the geometry is not OGC compliant. I think if you ran the feature through the repair geometry with output set to OGC compliant that might fix the issue.

TimNilsson
Occasional Contributor

Okay, ill have a look at it tomorrow then. Thank you so far for the help!

0 Kudos