Layers not Loading on Google Chrome

05-10-2022 11:36 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When loading my public map viewer application using Google Chrome, I am getting the error, "The layer [layer name here], cannot be added to the map." I have double checked the layer settings and am having no issues when I open the same map in Edge. Is anyone having a similar issue? I saw that Chrome updated yesterday (5/9/22), so I am not sure if that is it? 

Otherwise these layers are hosted on my organization's server, which is not through Enterprise, but all the other publicly viewable layers off of this server are loading without a problem on Chrome. 

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

That is odd and alarming.  My Chrome updated as well but I have not seen any issues at this time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the check in! I am thinking now that it might be a certificate problem between our server and Chrome, but I will make a note when we pin down the issue in case anyone else experiences this issue. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noting for anyone that comes across this problem in the future: this problem ended up being an issue with Google Chrome recognizing machine credentials when logging into applications that were accessible from the organization only via a direct URL. Our workaround for this was to encourage users to access in a Microsoft Edge browser or to log into the application through ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos