Launch desktop application from pop-up hyperlink in ArcGIS Online

03-02-2023 03:24 PM
Kbray_gis_
New Contributor II

I'm trying to configure a hyperlink to launch our property system from ArcGIS Online based off of property ID, it used to work from using the following in the attribute table:

<a href = pathway://xxx/xxxxx/maintain?enquiry=1&tpklpaprop=104609>Click here </a>

However that now launches another map viewer in the browser, and does not work anymore,

I have tried the following in the arcade element pop-up:

var url = "pathway://xxx/xxxxxx/maintain?enquiry=1&tpklpaprop=" + $feature["Proclaim_Prop_No"];

return {
  type : 'text',
  text : url
}

However that returns the above value as text and it does not hyperlink, when i copy the above url returned and paste it into a browser it does launch the Pathway Link Processer as expected to launch the program,

I did manage to get it to work via adding a image to the popup and using the expression above, but that does not look great in a pop-up, 

Does anyone have suggestions around getting this to work? Without the need to add it in as a image,

Thanks again!

Kind regards

Keiran
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JackHardy
Esri Contributor

Hi @Kbray_gis_ ,

Have you seen the UrlEncode example in the ArcGIS Arcade documentation? I think it might let you achieve what you are looking for:

Text functions | ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS Developers

0 Kudos
Kbray_gis_
New Contributor II

Hey @JackHardy thanks for getting back to me and sending that through, I had seen the UrlEncode function, however when I do use that it still wont hyperlink out, just passes it back as text unfortunately, attached is an example of what is returned, I feel like I'm missing something quite basic,

0 Kudos