Labels Appearing in Application, but Map it Pulls From has them Turned Off

09-03-2019 07:44 PM
MollyBurhans
New Contributor II

Self explanatory -- we turned off the labels in a map in ArcGIS Online, the applications that pull from it are manufacturing labels and we need this to not happen because it's a time series map and they load too slowly in the regular AGO infrastructure. I am not sure how to proceed. I made a video demo to show the issue.

The label for the USA is also appearing in Alaska when fully zoomed out -- is there a way to change this?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Molly Burhans‌ - 

Thanks for the video showing the behavior. 

Do you own the Hosted Feature Layer shown in this Web App?

After some quick research, it looks like you might be running into this BUG. This is something we would need to verify through Esri Support - I have sent you a direct message to follow up. 

Thanks,

Peter

MollyBurhans
New Contributor II

Hi Peter, 

We do own the feature service and are hosting it privately in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Molly

0 Kudos
MollyBurhans
New Contributor II

Also, I looked at the Bug -- it's not quite the same, the labels are not on the map at all (we do not want them there, because it is too slow to load) -- but for some reason they show in the app

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Molly,

Thanks for getting back to me here. I agree that the behavior is not the exact same as what is described in the BUG - I do think it is likely related, but as I said we need to investigate that more in Esri Support. I have sent you a direct message with my contact information; if you want to reach out we can get a support case created for you to follow through with this. 

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos