Select to view content in your preferred language

Keep Service Definition Files?

Jump to solution
03-26-2014 01:44 AM
DanikBourdeau2
Deactivated User
Hello,

Whenever I publish features to ArcGIS Online a service definition file remains in the ArcGIs Online Account, after the successful creation of the feature service.  Is it necessary for this file to remain for the feature service to work, or is it ok to delete the service definition?

Thanks,
Tags (2)
15 Replies
AndrewHansford
Frequent Contributor

KGerrow-esristaff‌, Many thanks for this solution. It seems a like a weird work around... but it works so I am happy . I will post something on the ideas site sometime today. Cheers Andrew

0 Kudos
Shadi
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Is it necessary to keep the shapefile that comes with a feature layer when publishing that on Arconline?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

HI Adam,

Thanks for the question, I added a workflow for deleting the content in my response to Andrew.

In regards to the loss of functionality from deleting these items, the loss would be the ability to update the content that is related to the items. Let us know if you have any questions, I would suggest starting a new post if needed so the updated functionality doesn't get lost in this older post.

-Kelly

AdamMesser1
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the information Kelly. We have been successful in updating content using the rest api without retaining an sd file... For now at least.

AndrewHansford
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I appear to be having a similar issue with my Credits, where it reports I am using 3.07GB of Database Storage, this equates to 29.07 Credits per day for which I can not account for. I have checked all the Feature Layers and Service Definition Layers and the total size is 1.5GB, so currently I am experiencing a Credit Charge 2x what I should be charge. When I worked it out I should be charge maybe 12 Credits per day.

Any assistance would be great. Our Organisational site is http://tcdc.maps.arcgis.com

Many thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Andrew,

I suggest contacting technical support to look into your storage and credit charges further.

-Kelly 

0 Kudos