Items of type "Code Attachment"

Jump to solution
03-06-2019 02:04 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

When I look through my content in AGO assistant or with the Python API for ArcGIS for example, I find a couple of files of the type "Code Attachment". When I look into the item details I can't find any valuable information. For what are these files needed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
DeborahCohen2
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly, I can't share b/c it's not public but here's a snip. Thanks for your help and Ian, thanks for sharing your app.

Deb

0 Kudos
IanMooser
New Contributor II

Deborah:

I found a possible solution using AGO assistant and editing the JSON - 

ArcGIS Online Assistant  

For the alloweditemtypes - I removed "Code Attachment"

"allowedItemTypes": [

"Web Map",

"CityEngine Web Scene",

"Web Scene",

"360 VR Experience",

"Pro Map",

"Feature Service",

"Map Service",

"Image Service",

"KML",

"KML Collection",

"WFS",

"WMTS",

"Feature Collection",

"Feature Collection Template",

"Vector Tile Service",

"Scene Service",

"Relational Database Connection",

"Web Mapping Application",

"StoryMap",

"Mobile Application",

"Code Attachment",

DeborahCohen2
New Contributor II

Thanks Ian, that worked perfectly!

Deb

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This was a bug and should have been fixed in the October update, earlier this year. Can you confirm that you don't need to make edits using ago assistant to not show code attachments in category gallery? These should be hidden by default.

0 Kudos
WillAnderson
New Contributor III

These hidden Code Attachments are preventing our folder deletion. It's April 2024.

0 Kudos
JennieCatalano1
New Contributor III

In Portal 10.8.1, we share some web apps, maps and layers to the public, and to a group collaboration set up with our AGOL account. When going to the group in AGOL, the items aren't public facing, so we have to manually update the share for each item - again.  I'm trying to create a script that updates all the AGOL items in that group to Public, but it fails when it comes to a Web Application with code attachment. I copied one such web app in Portal, removed the code attachment, shared it to AGOL collaboration group, but then it wouldn't open in AGOL at all. 

0 Kudos
CallieLv
New Contributor

Hi, wondering what other item types, apart from the Code Attachment, are also hidden in the content view in ArcGIS Online? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JasonBennett
New Contributor III
0 Kudos