Issues publishing raster to AOL

123
3
11-04-2019 03:22 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to upload a raster to AOL. I have so far tried publishing as Web Map (Arcgis Pro) or as Service (Arcmap 10.7.1.). 

Initially, I tried using Arcmap and shared the layer as service. I tried sharing both vector and raster at once, which should be possible, however my vector data published fine, raster was not visible (checked visible scale ranges). From there I tried different things. I reduced cache size, from what I require (Town - Household at 13gb) down to even single scale ranges (10mb). I've tried just publishing the raster (as vector seems to publish just fine). In all attempts, the analysis shows no issues and preview works just fine.

So, feeling a bit defeated I then went to Arcgis Pro, which tells me, again, that there are no issues. It publishes the Web Map, however when checking the Job Queue, it shows me that the Web Tile Layer, my raster file, has failed. Upon checking the log I see that it has a ''problem submitting tile  caching job''. All other statusses are either InProgress, Pending, or Succeeded. Whatever I try, I cannot seem to publish this raster.  

Has anyone ever encountered issues uploading raster? I've done it in the past and have never had issues. At the moment, It seems that regardless of what I try, it won't upload. 

Thanks for reading, I'm hoping someone can provide any insight into the matter. I've attached logs and (zipped) raster file. 

Kind regards,

Callum Reid

Reply
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Callum,

Thanks for including the data - I tested this and was able to publish from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online:

What version of ArcGIS Pro did you publish from? 2.4.3 released since this was originally posted, and I published from this version. 

I did see some weirdness when I originally added the layer to a Web Map - it initially was not visible even though the scale range was properly set. When I moved it to the basemap layer it became visible, and again was visible when I swapped it out for an Esri basemap and re-added the Tile Layer (screen shot above). 

Hope this helps,

-Peter

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. 

It ended up working. I think perhaps Esri was conducting maintenance on AGOL in the background whilst I was trying this. A day or two after my post, I got it to work. It also helps if you don't try to share 13gbs of data. I ended up reducing this to +/-200mb, which I don't think was the original problem (as I mentioned, I had reduced it's size to 10mb), but I ended up not needing a more detailed map. 

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Callum

Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you got it published, and happy to help out!

Reply
0 Kudos