Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with Arcade Expression for Search Widget in Instant App

07-11-2023 11:29 AM
Ferreira
New Contributor II

Hello all!

I'm currently trying to setup a search widget inside of an Instant App, where I'd be able to query one of my map's parcel polygon feature layer. I created an arcade expression compiling some of the attributes, such as street address and city, and applied a 'Proper()' function to the text. Since the expression serves me as the title of this layer's pop-ups, I'd also like to use it to populate my search widget suggestions as I'm entering text.

I was curious when I saw that the very last one of the options for the 'Display field' was blank. I assumed that it could be the expression I had previously created form within my Web Map. I confirmed it by inspecting the dropdown menu for the 'Display field' selection. Though when I do chose that option, I'm unable to find any results from the search widget.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Ferreira_0-1689099292893.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This one seems like a bug where the attribute expression shouldn't be an option within the field dropdown. The search widget only uses the fields on the layer at the rest endpoint to send the query to the service itself. In the case for hosted feature layers it can create a full text index for searching, if no index exists then it will use a WHERE clause with a wildcard at the end of the search text. 

0 Kudos