ISarcgis online install guide

08-31-2019 01:41 PM
MichaelMuratet
New Contributor

Is there an ArcGIS Online installation guide I can give to the IT department to facilitate the installation of the tools we received under our educational license?

Thanks

Mike Muratet

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Community Moderator

Hi Mike,

> Is there an ArcGIS Online installation guide I can give to the IT department

ArcGIS Online is offered as a Software As A Service (SaaS) solution, which means no software installation is needed, nor required. You simply access the software online in a web browser.

Perhaps you're looking for some administration guides/documents to help get your schools' ArcGIS Online organization set-up? Please checkout this resource,

ArcGIS Online Admin Resources page

(please scroll down halfway on the page, to the Administrators section)

or did you perhaps mean ArcGIS Enterprise, which is the on-premises release of ArcGIS Online? In which case, yes - you would install software on your own machines or private cloud.

Installation and deployment | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichaelMuratet
New Contributor

Hi Derek

We have an educational license and they sent me a link with a list of links to software. I assumed they were files we had to download and install.

But, I just tried to access ArcGIS online and it works just fine.

I’m in the process of studying the lessons I got from ESRI in a set of videos and Powerpoints. I pretty excited about taking my classes from hand drawn colored-pencil maps to the real deal.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos