Is there a way to extend the visibility of a tile layer on AGOL after it's uploaded?

04-20-2020 02:29 PM
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

I published a raster dataset from ArcGIS Pro to AGOL as a web layer (tile), and the level of detail settings were set for 8-15. After it was uploaded to AGOL, I realized that I should have included at least level 7 as well, so that it would be visible when zoomed to the level that included the full extent of the image. Is there a way to add on the additional layer of caching to the AGOL tile dataset without having to generate and upload the entire web layer again? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

There are two settings involved in making this happen, and both can be adjusted in the Settings tab of the Item page for the Tile Layer (hosted) item, in the last section of the settings:

1. Set the Visible Range to include the desired levels of detail, and click the Save button
  2. Click the Build Tiles button, and it will display a table indicating which tiles have already been generated, along with any additional tiles that are possible to build based on the extent of the Visible Range settings.
  3. Check the box next to the additional tile levels that you want to generate, and click the Create Tiles button.

If the layer is already in a map, you will need to adjust the visibility range there as well, if you haven't already, to display the additional tile layers.