Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to create a role for external users to only edit a particular survey and nothing else?

Jump to solution
04-06-2022 01:57 PM
Hayley
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi there, 

We have an external user doing some testing on a survey error we are experiencing. We would like this user to only be able to edit the single survey share to them in a group and not any other surveys in the organization.

I have played around with a few role options however they do not give us the access we need. 

Any pointers? Thanks! 

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayley
by
Frequent Contributor

I got it working, I had to create a temporary "shared content" group and share the survey in there for them to be able to edit it (even when their role had full editing capabilities)

HL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We pretty much only share our surveys at the Group level, never at the organizational level.

If the user were in their own group, there shouldn't be an issue sharing that survey to their group, but nothing else.

I'd recommend fine-tuning the sharing settings on your other items and make sure that there's nothing shared organization-wide that doesn't need more fine-tuned sharing controls on it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Hayley
by
Frequent Contributor

I got it working, I had to create a temporary "shared content" group and share the survey in there for them to be able to edit it (even when their role had full editing capabilities)

HL
0 Kudos