Inserting thumbnail for the inserted custom link in AGOL homepage

02-14-2021 07:55 PM
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Hi all. 

under ' Body' in the homepage setting, I'm aware that we can choose three types of block which is text, item gallery and link. I have inserted several custom links, but I also wonder if we can put thumbnails of the custom link too? I'm using latest version of the homepage. 

I've looked up to others' organization homepage and https://ijc.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html here inserted custom links and thumbnails. 

IJC Homepage: They inserted custom links with thumbnailsIJC Homepage: They inserted custom links with thumbnails

However, I realized they are using older version of AGOL homepage. So does this capabilities can only be done in older version of AGOL homepage?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
houdazaoui32
New Contributor

which version u had used,?

0 Kudos
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

I'm using this new home page editor.

5.JPG

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Your existing home page looks like it is using custom HTML/CSS which was supported in the past, but for security reasons is no longer supported in the new home page editor.

However, you can great a gallery similar to what you have currently implemented using various groups of content, and the group graphic is what will appear in the gallery. That would, IMHO, be the easiest way to create something similar to what you have. Keep in my that groups can contain a variety of different contet, not just maps, apps, and layers, so you have complete flexibility in reproducing what you current have implemented.

0 Kudos
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

does this apply to ArcGIS Online also? or it only works in ArcGIS Enterprise portal?

0 Kudos