Select to view content in your preferred language

image files

11-02-2014 01:37 PM
JuanFreile
Deactivated User

Hello all, I need to export my map as tiff, jpeg or pdf files. How should I do? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottLewis1
Deactivated User

Juan - good question - perhaps this may help:

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/manage-hosted-layers.htm

Allow data exports

You can export a comma-separated value (CSV) file, shapefile, or file geodatabase feature class from any layer in a hosted feature layer if one of the following is true:

• You own the hosted feature layer.
  • You are an administrator for your ArcGIS Online organization.
  • You aren't the hosted feature layer owner or an administrator, but the owner or administrator has configured the layer to allow others to export the data.

This setting can be changed by clicking Edit on the hosted feature layer's item details page and clickingAllow others to export to different formats under the Properties list. 

Only nonspatial attributes are exported to a CSV file when you export a line or polygon layer from a hosted feature layer. When you export a point layer to a CSV file, latitude and longitude values for the points are exported.

Follow these steps to export a CSV file, shapefile, or file geodatabase containing a feature class from a layer:

1. Sign in and open the item details for the hosted feature layer you want to export.
    • If you own the hosted feature layer, click My Content and click the item title.
    • If you do not own the hosted feature layer, search for the layer and click the layer name in the search results list.
  2. Find the Layers section of the item details page, click the small arrow icon next to the layer you want to export, and choose the format you want to export.
    • Export to Shapefile creates a .zip file containing a shapefile in your content. You can download the .zip file and save it to your computer.
    • Export to CSV file creates a comma-separated value file that you can open or save to your computer.
    • Export to FGDB creates a .zip file containing a file geodatabase. The file geodatabase contains a feature class. You can download the .zip file and save it to your computer. Note that the .zip file uses the name you specify for the Title, but the geodatabase name is randomly generated and the feature class name is the same as the name of the layer you exported.
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

hi Juan,

You might want to supply a but more information, such as, are you logged into an organizational account, a free account, or the public arcgis.com ?  the ability and format of output can be controlled but the creator of the map, to some degree, but if you are viewing someone else map, or a public map, you may not be able to, depending on how it is presented.

So, if you can supply a few more details on what you are trying to print, it will help others that maybe can help.

0 Kudos
JuanFreile
Deactivated User

Thanks Rebecca. Sorry for not providing details, I am a beginner... I have a free account, and I am creating my own maps using public information as well as shapefiles we have uploaded too. These maps need to be exported and printed in high res.

0 Kudos
Jose_AntonioCalderon
Deactivated User

Are you working on the Argis Online or Desktop?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus
By default, the free (and organizational) accounts use the "ESRI default" print service, but I'm pretty sure they are not high res.  If you have access to ArcGIS Server, you can make a custom service that can make higher res output, and use custom templates if you like.  The tutorial for this is ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)   If you have access to a custom print service, you can point to the new service under My Organization->Edit->Utilities
But assuming that you don't have access to Server, and can live without the higher resolution for the time being, you can "share" you map and use one of the templates that uses a print widget.  For exxmaple, the Basic template includes a print widget (button) that has a pulldown for two page sizes in either PDF or an Image.
Playing with the templates is a good place to start.
0 Kudos