Select to view content in your preferred language

How to tell number of ArcGIS users I have?

Jump to solution
10-30-2014 10:36 AM
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

This may seem like a dumb question, but I have admin access to our AGOL account.  Where do I see how many users I can create?  I think I have found it but a couple months ago it said a different total number of users which is why I am confused.  Did Advanced Enterprise get more licenses with the release of ArcGIS Pro?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardHeinonen
New Contributor

On the My Organization page click on View Status to see users and credit counts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I believe it used to be listed on the My Organization page (assuming you were an administrator) but I don't see it on my page anymore either.  My guess is this was removed since the count was many times incorrect, if like me, you have two different renewal periods.  So, your best bet is to check with your customer service rep.

However, if you have the "Manage Licenses" tab that will be used to manage Pro licenses, this should eventually be correct.  right now mine is way off (shows a lot more than I will have on release), but that is related to the beta's and per conversations with my rep, some will be dropping off as certain beta's expire.  knowing this, I was able to figure out my "real" total.  If you are in the same boat (i.e. with beta's), let me know and I'll try to explain the mathematics I used.

RichardHeinonen
New Contributor

On the My Organization page click on View Status to see users and credit counts.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

Ya, it says I have 8 of 19 members.  Last time I checked it said 8 of 10 which confused me when I checked today.  We didn't purchase more users so I don't understand why there are more.  Maybe ESRI is feeling generous.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

Maybe because I am in the ArcGIS Pro beta, they gave us additional users?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

yep Richard is correct...I think.it used to be on the front page, but it is on the View Status page now I see.  Much easier than doing the beta-math.

Steven, my guess is that is what happened, although I thought it was in November that at least some of the beta counts were going to go away.  I might have the date wrong, or is may be two different times, based on beta expiration.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

steven, don't forget to mark a message as correct/answered.  Marking an answer as answered will help others find the solution in the future.   thanks.

0 Kudos