Identify point elevation/eight and coordinates in Scene viewer

05-04-2020 03:26 AM
Arpa_PiemonteGeoportal_Team
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to a simple question:

how can I  get  terrain elevation and coordinates for a point in the ago or Portal  scene viewer?

There are beautiful tools so measure distance and area but the simplest action in 3D is to analyze the elevation in a certain location.

It's really strange... 

Thank you

Enrico

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

First use the Feature Vertices to Points process to create your points

Then you can generate a near table to determine elevation from a contour line or you can join the points to the contour line and update the point from the join.

0 Kudos

Thank you Robert, maybe I wrote non clearly what  I mean

My question is about the AGOl/Portal Scene Viewer application: in this app seems not be available any widget/tool to identify elevation on terrain at a certain location or point.

There are measurement tools the permit to evaluate a linear distance or a planimetric area but no tool to get elevation clicking on the terrain.

IWhen you use the linear distance moving cursor on terrain raw a contour line at equal elevation but I don' see any value to understand the terrain z value.

thanks.

e

0 Kudos
AlessandroAssom
New Contributor II

Hoping to receive some feedback...!

I just tested also  the new AGOL  Scene Viewer but nothing seems changed...  It seems me incredible that in a 3d model i can't identify the elevetion layer in a certain location...

thank you

E

0 Kudos
enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor

Tested the new Scene Viewer (June 2020) presented in the ArcGIS Blog by Philip Mielke:  I can't query elevation on terrain... The dynamic  countour that appears in linear measurement has non elevation label so it is quite useless.

Hoping to receive answers, feedback or workaround..

Thnan you
Enrico

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enrico-  I really appreciate the detailed feedback your provided after I touched base with you.  This will help us design this feature.  Thanks for taking the time. 

0 Kudos

Philip, any info about this feature? I've seen  the new & nice profile toolin agol April 2021 release,  but nothing about this essential and basic functionality.

our users ask for this simple question, please consider it .

any feedback is appreciated, best regards Enrico

0 Kudos

Any informations about these features's  release plan? In these months I've seen many improvement in scene viewer but this feature seems  still pending. Thank you

0 Kudos