i3s basemap

Jump to solution
12-10-2020 01:11 AM
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

As we can import basemap from different website sharing the 2d basemap (using add from web & connecting server) and can same be done for 3d layers/i3s layers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Do you have an example service? You can add those services to ArcGIS Pro (e.g. add data by path) or Scene Viewer the same you way you add a scene service hosted in Portal or ArcGIS Online. The OGC services should be following the same structure specified in the I3S specification so there should be no difference there.

thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Can you provide more details on what authoritative 3D data you are looking for (3D objects, point clouds, textured meshes etc)?

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

hi @Andrew--Johnson,

Let me be specific, In arc gis online and pro we add (2D) layer as a basemap from the web (eg WMS OGC service or WMTS OGC service etc) can we do same if some websites are sharing OGC I3S and OGC 3D tiles service (3D objects etc). 

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Do you have an example service? You can add those services to ArcGIS Pro (e.g. add data by path) or Scene Viewer the same you way you add a scene service hosted in Portal or ArcGIS Online. The OGC services should be following the same structure specified in the I3S specification so there should be no difference there.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey @Andrew--Johnson 

Please find attach the service which is sharing the i3s data but I am unable to connect through AGOL and through arc pro as well. 

https://i3s.nlsc.gov.tw/LOD1/i3s/rest/services/nlsc/SceneServer/layers/3

I am able to create a web application using the same (using codepen platform).

I am able to extract data from website while writing javascript but unable to add data by path.

Can you throw some light on what is happening in background?

Thanks, 

Krishan

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I'm able to successfully add this to both the Scene Viewer and ArcGIS Pro. Unfortunately i'm not familiar with the Javascript API so it appears maybe there's an issue in the code which I would recommend posting the Javascript API community.

Andrew--Johnson_0-1607961454073.png

0 Kudos