I want a layer in my webmap to flash continually.

06-07-2021 09:00 PM
MatthewJ
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I am working within classic webmaps and dashboard classic. Will update soon. 

What I would like to do, is flash a layer constantly to draw attention to it. In this case in our safety maps I want ships that are being bunkered (fuelled) to flash as long as that activity is valid. 

Is this an arcade question? 

Thank you in advance,

Matthew

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

You may use the *.gif icon for symbology based on attributes and set this in webmap.

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
MatthewJ
New Contributor II

Hi Manish, 

Thanks for the quick response. I will definitely try that with points. The layers that I am working with are polygons of varying sizes. Should have provided more detail.  See the attachment. 

Cheers, appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

ideally, the flashing can be done using the points feature, however, since in your case it might vary it will be difficult to play around and set for each of the feature. What you do is create either another layer which stores the center for each polygon along with the attribute activity and use this to set those flashing symbols. Alternatively, you can add a new field and use Arcade expression to calculate the center of the polygon dynamically and use this field for setting the symbol. 

please refer to the below link for using arcade expression for center of polygon:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-url-scheme-to-collector-arcade-fu...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
MatthewJ
New Contributor II

Thanks Manish, I will give this a go and see what happens. Cheers, Matthew

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@ManishPatel Just an FYI, Field Maps does not support animated gifs, etc...

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please check if the use of firefly symbology works for you. It works best against dark backgrounds.

Make Your Points Glow with Firefly Symbols 

Think Location
0 Kudos