Select to view content in your preferred language

I need help with "extraction"

05-03-2023 05:57 AM
Labels (1)
BobGriest
New Contributor II

After working every day for 10 years on a project, I have accomplished nothing!  Now I have turned to ArcGIS maps. I have an area outlined, within a map,  but I am on my 19th week of trying to extract that area from ArcGIS and then export it to another program. Thank you and please help, Bob

Additional info that may be helpful; 

• Basically what I want to do is extract a portion of an ArcGIS map and then place it into Homeport (a discontinued fishing app though still functioning). The extracted portion must contain it's original properties (zoom + or -, be able to drag and view it north, south, east and west. When the extracted portion is installed into Homeport, I will then transfer the info into my Garmin chart plotter as Homeport was designed to do just that...transfer info into Garmin units. Upon completion of all of this I will get an extremely good view of the ocean floor and possibly catch some fish. Thank you, Bob
  • Here is the ArcGIS map containing the needed portion (within the lines).

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The last map you shared was not made public. I wasn't able to take a look at it. 

0 Kudos
BobGriest
New Contributor II

RussRoberts, it is only me again.  After 4 weeks I finally discovered how to make the map "public". Here is the address of the map; https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=dedbb07788384cc19990433a2fd394f9    Also, a few weeks ago all saved maps on my pc went from red, yellow and blue coloring to this plain blue which goes to gray color when zoomed "in". How do I fix that?   Also, here is an example of what map I am looking for color wise.

Thank you again, Bob

0 Kudos