Select to view content in your preferred language

hyperlink in attribute to send email

Jump to solution
03-03-2023 08:27 AM
temprobertcottreau131313
Frequent Contributor

Is there a way for an attribute table to contain a hyperlink allowing the person opening a popup to click on that email address to send an email to that person?  This would be in a webapp.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
temprobertcottreau131313
Frequent Contributor

yes, I tried this in Classic.  I didn't manually add fields just places checkmarks next to the boxes in Configure Attributes so that might be the missing link (so to speak).

And, yes, in Enterprise not just Online which is a new platform to me used by my present employer.

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313
Frequent Contributor

I added the fields manually within the Text box and this is now working with the email link and columns showing in the popup.  I had thought adding them through the popup Configure Attributes link was the correct approach.

I can't thank you enough for this Katherine.  I will be making notes of this process for future reference and sharing with my colleagues.

Again: thank you and have a wonderful day.

Rob..

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm glad you finally got it to work! I believe the fact that you are doing this in Enterprise instead of AGOL is the answer as to why you don't have the "Source" option in New Map Viewer. (depending on what version of Enterprise you're running....but AGOL will always be the most current because it is updated by Esri). 

Anyway, yes, seems like in your case, configuring in Map Viewer Classic is the way to go, even though it's unfortunately a bit cumbersome with manually adding those fields. 

Glad I could help!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos