Select to view content in your preferred language

hyperlink in attribute to send email

Jump to solution
03-03-2023 08:27 AM
temprobertcottreau131313
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way for an attribute table to contain a hyperlink allowing the person opening a popup to click on that email address to send an email to that person?  This would be in a webapp.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, no problem. If you still need additional assistance, a screenshot might help so I can know what you're seeing on your end. 🙂

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

temprobertcottreau131313_0-1678140964581.png

This is how it looks when I click in the webapp

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

This is how I set it up Online

temprobertcottreau131313_1-1678141066432.png

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

am I using the wrong HTML code?  I've never used HTML before.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like you set it up just as text, not as code.

To enter as HTML code, make sure you are in the "source" view. You'll know you're in that view when the "OK" option is greyed out. When you switch out of source view (viewing the code) you should see a preview of what it will actually display as.

Katherine_Clark_0-1678161235660.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

I couldn't access the Source window in the New Map Viewer and had to do this in Classic.  Thanks for that.

And I was very excited to see that this allowed it to work in the New Map Viewer.  Sadly, it still only brings up the email options without showing the columns I selected for the popup in Online.

temprobertcottreau131313_0-1678200856433.png

I will assume that what I'm trying to do isn't possible.

Thanks for all your help, Katherine.

Rob..

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Heh, well now I'm determined to solve this because it should be possible! I've circled all the areas to click to get to that interface in the screenshots below...

Katherine_Clark_0-1678207798060.png

Katherine_Clark_1-1678207829053.png

Katherine_Clark_2-1678207847940.png

Katherine_Clark_3-1678207876348.png

Katherine_Clark_4-1678207924041.png

After adding the HTML we've discussed above, the pop-up looks like this, with both the email link and the attributes showing.

Katherine_Clark_5-1678208175895.png

If you *still* aren't able to complete that workflow....I'm not sure. Confirming, are you the owner of the map that you are trying to edit the pop-ups for? What user type are you in AGOL?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
temprobertcottreau131313

First of all, I don't get the Source option in the Text box in New Map Viewer, only the Undo and Redo arrows so I had to do this portion in Classic.

First I selected Configure Attributes and selected the columns to show

temprobertcottreau131313_0-1678208977795.png

Then I clicked the green Configure button and entered the correct HTML code in the Source screen.

temprobertcottreau131313_1-1678209064817.png

Still my popup looks like this.

I own the map.

User Type = Creator

Role = Publisher 1 (Group Sharing)

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

No idea why the source option isn't available for you in the New Map Viewer pop-up configuration, but in Classic, when you enter HTML in a custom pop-up configuration, you have to manually add any fields you want to display in addition to the HTML. You do this by putting the field name in curly brackets within the regular text view (not the source HTML view)

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Also, I had just assumed you were doing this in ArcGIS Online, but are you using Enterprise instead?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos