How to update a hosted standalone attribute table?

10-05-2020 04:56 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

My goal is to create a dynamic map, based on a feature layer joined with a hosted standalone table.
But how to modify/update this table, without using ArcGIS Pro? With a web app with smart editor? It doesn't seems to work...

Any idea? I can't figure out how to achieve my goal.

Update.

For clarity, my table is not strictly related to feature layer. There is no stable relationship class between feature class and my table.

But yes, I have a key field in common with which I created a Joined feature layer hosted view (Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation + option "Choose the fields to match").

Stefano

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano Mauri,

If you need to make edits to your related table in Web AppBuilder, you can use the Smart Editor widget and configure the related table in the widget configuration.

First, make sure you've added the feature layer to a web map (the related table should be added along with it) - do not remove the table from the web map. Create a Web AppBuilder app. Then:

1. In the Smart Editor widget configuration, click the table icon under Actions against the editable hosted feature layer row:

2. Make sure the related table-s are editable:

3. Create a new feature or edit an existing feature, and click the small Add icon in the "Related Table/Layer" section to create a new related record in your table.

If a related record already exists in the related table for this feature, you will see it there. Click it to edit it.

I help this helps with what you are trying to do!

Alix

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

If you need to make edits to your related table...

Hi Alix,

my table is not strictly related to feature layer. There is no stable relationship class between feature class and my table. As I wrote, my table is a hosted stand alone table.

But yes, I have a key field in common with which I created a Joined feature layer hosted view (Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation + option "Choose the fields to match").

So, if I'm not mistaken, what you recommend is precisely related to a related table...isn't it?

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry, yes that is what I meant. You can edit both the layer and the table in Web AppBuilder using the Smart Editor widget if there is a relationship between them.

But your use case seems to have different requirements and I understand you would like to edit the table itself. Since the Edit and the Smart Editor widgets are "feature" editors, you will not be able to use these to edit directly into a table layer unless it has a relationship with another layer.

Kelly Gerrow‌ any ideas for Stefano's specific use case?

0 Kudos
RobStapleton
New Contributor

Has any progress been made on a Standalone table editor? I'm still unable to find this functionality in Online but you'd think it would be pretty obvious.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RobStapleton , check out the new Table widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder, the Table now allows for attributes editing.

0 Kudos
HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I realize this post is a couple of years old but what if i want to added a row?  I see you can edit existing rows with the Experience Builder Table Widget but I don't see an option to add a row @Jianxia .  Is there a work around for this?

Cheers,

Heath

0 Kudos