How to keep attachments with Join Feature hosted layer view?

Jump to solution
05-29-2019 08:45 AM
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

When using Join Features in ArcGIS Online to join a related table to a hosted feature layer per: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/mapping/visualizing-related-data-with-join-feature..., the attachments in the hosted layer (as well as the related table) do not appear to persist in the new View. Is there a way to keep the attachments from the original layer in the joined layer view?

16 Replies
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all, I reached out to Esri support today and confirmed another bug has been opened for this, since the behavior is indeed still occurring. My case was attached to the bug, and I suggest those who have support to also report it in hopes we can see it resolved more quickly. Thank you

0 Kudos
JeremyHolcombe
New Contributor III

For those wanting to keep up with this bug, here is a link to subscribe for updates:

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzOTUwMg==

Maybe if enough subscribe, it will be bumped up in priority. I sure as heck need it fixed because this bug puts me in a tight spot at work.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

This is kind of crazy that this issue exists.  How did ESRI not envision this attachment issue when creating a join.  Seems like this would have been high on the requirements, when performing a join in the Analysis area - that the attachment is retained....

MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronWorthley1 , if you are doing a 1:1 join and saving the results as hosted feature layer view, as long as the target layer has a GlobalID field and has attachments enabled, attachments on the target layer will be preserved. 

Please note that this only applies to 1:1 joins and currently attachments are not preserved in 1:M joins. 

0 Kudos
MonicaAlmeida1
New Contributor III

Hi @MJBiazar ,

The two layers I am trying to join have attachments enabled and GlobalID fields. I am trying the Join 1:1, but still no luck.

When I use the layer with attachments as the target layer, the field doesn't even show in the table in the DATA tab. However, if I use the other layer as the target (it has an attachment field but no attachments were actually added), the field is shown.

Any thoughts on this?

Andrew_Bartshire
New Contributor II

It does not appear that is true. I have globalID's and attachments enabled on both layers and when I do a 1:1 join the attachments do not appear in the resulting layer. As a note for clarification, I am not using the globalID as my join field because they are not common between the two layers, but that should be expected.

0 Kudos
DevinJacobs_JGI
New Contributor III

Still experiencing this issue, does anyone have any updated information on this?

@Mackenzie_OBrien @DavidSmetana