How to Enable Attachments on Hosted Feature Service

Jump to solution
06-02-2013 08:50 AM
EricDaniel
Occasional Contributor III
The link below in the ArcGIS.com online help under the Tip section, discusses being able to choose "Enable attachments" under a feature service layer in ArcGIS.com.  I would like to do this from some hosted feature layers I have published from ArcMap using my ArcGIS online subscription account.  However, I can't seem to get a hosted feature service layer to show this option.  Is there something I need to do in ArcMap to enable attachments before publishing to ArcGIS online?  Or something I can do once it's published?  I've looked everywhere and can't find any help for this in the online help either. 

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/index.html#//010q000000n0000000
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Enabling attachments to a hosted feature service is an operation that you can perform after the service has been published to ArcGIS Online. You will need to click on the sideways arrow beside the feature layer and a drop down should appear with an option to enable attachments. I have attached a screenshot of this image.

If this drop down is not appearing, please share the feature service URL.

Thanks,

Kelly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24938[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Enabling attachments to a hosted feature service is an operation that you can perform after the service has been published to ArcGIS Online. You will need to click on the sideways arrow beside the feature layer and a drop down should appear with an option to enable attachments. I have attached a screenshot of this image.

If this drop down is not appearing, please share the feature service URL.

Thanks,

Kelly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24938[/ATTACH]
downloadaccount
New Contributor

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've been looking hours for that tiny arrow and really helped with the screenshot. I think ArcGISOnline help should add the screenshot as well to help us getting oriented.

0 Kudos