How to change the numeric formatting field on ArcGIs Oline web map?

Jump to solution
11-05-2014 11:22 AM
lucerobormey
New Contributor

I changed the format of numeric field on arcmap document by ussing the layer properties and chaged the number format. In arcgis server service I see it currectly  but when you consumed the services on arcgis online map viewer the field is displayed in another format.  20,964 vr 20964

Please advise

thank you

Formatting.png

Thank you
Lucero Bormey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lucero,

You can configure the numeric format when you configure pop-ups.  For example, you can choose how many decimals, and whether to use a 1000 separator or not.

screen1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lucero,

You can configure the numeric format when you configure pop-ups.  For example, you can choose how many decimals, and whether to use a 1000 separator or not.

screen1.png

0 Kudos
lucerobormey
New Contributor

Thank you very much .  I got to set it up 

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I do this all the time, but if I specify no thousands separator or decimals in the MXD, how come it does not respect it in the map service? When I am creating web maps w/popups, I am OK with re-setting the fields to display as desired. But I am thinking about a user who may want to grab a service and display quickly..... I would really rather them to see dates as 1993 and not 1,993. I suppose I can change the field types for this example. but it is not that easy when you inherit a lot of data to create new fields just so you can display them as desired.

Anything else I can do that is not a workaround? thx

MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having this same problem right now. I'm trying to display addresses as labels and the address comes in as 1,612 instead of 1612. I was looking for a way to calculate the field using a SQL statement and couldn't come up with anything. Then I tried to convert the numeric field to a string. Well, the default for strings when you bring them in from a numeric field is 1612.000. I tried to calculate and TRIM the trailing zeros and that didn't work. I'm out of ideas for labeling. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. 

0 Kudos