How to Change Alias/Display Name

Jump to solution
03-09-2022 11:01 AM
Labels (2)
MollyBurton
New Contributor III

My team has a hosted feature layer that we published through AGOL and are using in conjunction with a web app. We need to change one of the alias/display names and can't figure out how to do this in ArcGIS Online. When we have gone into the web app smart editor widget to see if we could change it, there is no option. Ideally we could update it from within the layer on AGOL and the web app widget would honor the change. @MichaelKohn 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, I still use Classic Map Viewer as well for compatibility reasons. Just change the alias in the attribute configurations menu 

Katherine_Clark_0-1646864219177.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You can change field aliases in the pop-up configuration of the web map. In the web app, if the editor widget is selected to "honor the settings in the web map", it should maintain those configuration settings. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
MollyBurton
New Contributor III

Does this work in Web Viewer Classic? We've been holding off migrating to the new one because it will break some connections.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, I still use Classic Map Viewer as well for compatibility reasons. Just change the alias in the attribute configurations menu 

Katherine_Clark_0-1646864219177.png

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
MollyBurton
New Contributor III

Thank you!!

0 Kudos