How is it best to set up your feature class,table, and relationship class when using the Crowdsource Polling Web Application?

01-10-2019 03:04 PM
TeresaBlader
New Contributor II

We (Myself and Hannah Hutchins) are trying to use the Crowdsource polling application, but are getting a little lost when it comes to building the relationship class in Catalog between the feature class and the table that will house the comments. Our end goal is to collect comments using the web app template where public citizens can open the template, select the polygons, and add comments. 

Right now in our feature class containing the 30 polygons that we want public feedback on we have a field called comments (among other attributes). My understanding is that I create a table in the .gdb that will house the comments, and then build a new relationship class between the polygons feature class and the table. These are the steps and questions that come up as I work through building the new relationship class. If someone has an example of a similar successful crowd source polling map relationship class output, that would be helpful.

My origin table is the poly feature class (LRTP_PComm) attribute table and the destination table is the new comment table (LRTP_Comm).

This relationship type would be composite? Each polygon will have multiple comments. If the polygon is deleted, then yes, we don't need the comments as they only pertain to the polygon they were commented on.

Direction: It is a forward relationship because the user would be clicking on the polygon and entering a comment, but not the other way around? Or is it both because comment history can display in the web app?

1 -M: It is one to many because each polygon can have multiple comments? Or is it 1-1 because each polygon in the feature class will have its own set of comments? 

Do I want to create attributes in this relationship class for these comments? If so, what would they be? Is this where you would store the names of the commentors? Is this where vote tally's should be counted or is that in my feature class attribute table?

The output:

Name: LRTP_PComm
Origin object class: LRTP_2045_Poly
Destination object class: LRTP_Comm
Type: Composite
Forward Path Label: LRTP_Comm
Backward Path Label: LRTP_2045_Poly
Message propagation: Forward (origin to destination)
Cardinality: 1 - M
Has attributes: No
Origin Primary Key: OBJECTID
Origin Foreign Key: OBJECTID

crowdsouce pollling‌ relationship-class‌ arcgis-online‌ web-app templates 

0 Kudos
0 Replies