How do I represent multiple data points (with same zip) with with a larger symbol?

Jump to solution
05-08-2017 08:43 AM
KrissyLukens
New Contributor III

I have a .csv with conference attendees from various colleges around the US. Some of the colleges had multiple attendees. I'd like my symbology to represent those schools with a larger circle/dot than the schools that only had one attendee. How do I go about doing this?  Sample Map Screenshot . I'm using Unique Symbols, with the School attribute as the indicator of what is showing. #uniquesymbols

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

If you just want to display the size, try using the number of attendees as your attribute to style and use counts and amounts to show the difference in size:

Style numbers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you want to map by categories (school) and the number of attendees, select both attributes and use types and size:

Style categories—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Here is a link to a quick reference of available styles:

Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

If you just want to display the size, try using the number of attendees as your attribute to style and use counts and amounts to show the difference in size:

Style numbers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you want to map by categories (school) and the number of attendees, select both attributes and use types and size:

Style categories—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Here is a link to a quick reference of available styles:

Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos