Select to view content in your preferred language

How can we iterate layers over ArcGIS Online Feature Layer?

11-22-2017 03:01 PM
BiosisGIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Folks

We have field data collected using Collector, based on ArcGIS online web maps and #Feature Layers (with many layers within each Feature Layer).  Sometimes there is data in these layers and sometime not.  The data needs to be saved to a local .gdb for processing, backup and mapping. So at the moment we are pretty much manually checking if there is data in a layer (by selection), and then exporting the data into a local .gdb.  Where there are 10 - 20 or so layers to work through this becomes a tedious and time consuming job which is also prone to operator error (accidentally not downloading a layer that has data in it).  I suppose we could export the Feature Layer to a local .gdb and apply a model with iterators that extracts the content.  This is also a bit cumbersome as the export .gdb Arcgis Online functions are slow.

My question is - is there a way to build a model that iterates directly over an ArcGIS online Feature Layer, that checks layers for content and exports them to where they are needed.  I have tried all the iterators but note seem to work directly with Feature Layers.

#iterator

#iterate feature layer

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi,

There is built in functionality with Online to Enterprise Collaboration that enables you to keep a local copy of your data synchronized with ArcGIS Online Hosted Feature Services.

Introducing ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise Collaboration Workflows Part 1: Data Publication | A... 

This capability is currently available through the Early Adopters Community for users with ArcGIS Online and a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1.

Distributed collaboration—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly