How can I correct a 60" value in my DD to DMS Arcade expression (in feature layer)?

02-21-2020 08:29 AM
AmyEverett1
New Contributor II

I am attempting to convert DD to DMS for a feature layer (WKID 4326) that provides a global lat/lon grid.  The grid displays labels in DD.ddd format.  I have written the follow Arcade expression which works wonders with one exception: I am getting values of 60", which doesn't exist.  For instance, 125° 15' 60" instead of 125° 16' 00".  It is only on about half the labels and isn't consistent as to how often it appears at various scales/areas.

Any ideas as to what I need to alter in the expression to correct this issue?

(I am doing this on a disconnected Enterprise system, so I have fat fingered in the expression here.  Any typos are just here as it works as described above in production.)

if (dd < 0) {
    var quad = '-';
} else {
    var quad = '';
}
var degrees = Floor(Abs(dd), 0);
var mm = (Abs(dd) - degrees) * 60;
var minutes = Floor(mm);
var seconds = (mm - minutes) * 60;
var dms = quad + Text(degrees, "###") + "° " + Text(minutes, "00") + "' " + Text(seconds, "00") + '" ';
return dms;

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
AmyEverett1
New Contributor II

Thanks Xander.  Totally a delayed response, so I apologize.  I had already referenced that example, but the question was a step beyond that because the values were not calculating properly so I was attempting to write into the expression a means of checking values for invalid values (i.e. 60) and adjusting accordingly.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi amy.b.everett ,

Can you provide an example where you have invalid results? I would like to take a look and update the expression accordingly if the results are not correct.

0 Kudos
AmyEverett1
New Contributor II

The service wasn’t one I can share here, but I’ll look to see if I can locate it with a link I can share here...

XanderBakker

Hi amy.b.everett ,

Or just some example values that caused the problems. It is not necessary to share the actual data. Just some example values will do.

0 Kudos