Hosted Feature Layer Not Honoring Subtypes

10-02-2017 07:58 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello -

After configuring SDE layers in ArcPro (using our local coordinate system) for publication to AGOL and Open Data site, I am finding that the subtype code descriptions are not being honored once the layer is hosted.  I am using the following python 3.5.3 arcpy modules:

arcpy.mp.CreateWebLayerSDDraft();

arcpy.StageService_server();

arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server();

as outlined in Pro's help. I know that one of the benefits of hosting layers directly from SDE is that file geodatabase downloads are then enabled from our Open Data site.  But I also thought that domain coded value descriptions and subtype descriptions would then be honored but am finding that not to be the case.

This looks like a bug to me. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks,

David

Tags (2)
2 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Looks like I figured it out.  It appears that with subtypes the symbology in ArcPro has to be set to display on subtype, otherwise the field is not recognized as a subtype field and then does not display the descriptions

0 Kudos
CalvinHarmin
New Contributor III

David, I just want to say thanks for the pointer. That seemed to the same issue I was having. I republished my feature service using Unique Values symbology based on my subtype field, instead of using Single Symbology option.

I even collapsed my various subtypes into one symbology 'group' so that there is just 1 symbology for all subtypes. That works fine; the web map displays the subtype description rather than the integer code and has the proper domain-like drop down functionality now as well. I needed this for my field guys to be able to change subtype, but they didn't need to actually see different subtype symbology. 

I have federated ArcGIS Enterprise Portal + Server 10.8.1 and as of today using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0.

0 Kudos