Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature Layer Not Allowing Setting Changes

Jump to solution
09-14-2023 04:41 PM
Diana_Sinton
New Contributor

I'm following the instructions in this Learn lesson for Showing Images in Pop-Ups (https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/show-images-in-pop-ups/), and it clearly shows that one can access all of the "Settings" options (such as working with Pop Ups) while one is looking at the layer's details via the Visualization tab (within AGO).   But on mine everything is grayed out and unavailable.    Seems like Hosted Feature Layers are designed to have the owner/editor be able to change these.  It will work if I add the layer into a map and access the functionality from there, but what's up with this within AGO content itself?  

HistoricLakesPopupImages.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Go to Layers, and click on an actual layer. This will make the right hand side stuff active. Right now, there are no layers selected so you cannot access the functions.

AdrianWelsh_0-1694741752474.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Go to Layers, and click on an actual layer. This will make the right hand side stuff active. Right now, there are no layers selected so you cannot access the functions.

AdrianWelsh_0-1694741752474.png

0 Kudos
Diana_Sinton
New Contributor

Thanks!  I didn't realize that was necessary from within this "Visualization" path.  Now works as expected. 

0 Kudos