Select to view content in your preferred language

Hide specific features in Legend

Jump to solution
06-22-2022 03:53 PM
janderson_ksninc
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to configure a web map's legend to show only the features that I filtered out from the feature layer. For example, I have a layer of inspection points where one of the fields lists the types of deficiencies associated with that layer, i.e. "Encroachments," "Unwanted Vegetation Growth," "Depressions/Rutting," "Animal Control," "Slope Stability," "Sod Cover," "Riprap Revetments & Bank Protection," "Erosion/Bank Caving," "Cracking," "Seepage." I filtered out only the feature that I want to be visible but the legend still shows every feature. In ArcMap/ArcPro, this is easily fixed in ArcPro when I symbolize the layer to show only the attribute values I want then selecting/deselecting "Show all other values." Is this even possible in ArcGIS online? Any help with this would be a huge help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Open up the symbology pane and click on 'style options'. Click to the left of the feature icons you do not want to show and drag them down below the 'Other' line. Ensure the checkbox next to 'Other' is not checked. 

2022-06-23_7-32-34.png

- Jen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Open up the symbology pane and click on 'style options'. Click to the left of the feature icons you do not want to show and drag them down below the 'Other' line. Ensure the checkbox next to 'Other' is not checked. 

2022-06-23_7-32-34.png

- Jen
janderson_ksninc
Frequent Contributor

Perfect! Thanks that worked!

0 Kudos