Hide Geometry From Public Facing Layer View?

05-06-2020 07:45 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I currently have a data collection process set up using Survey123 to collect forest fire incidents/locations. Survey123 collects locations of the fires, attribute information and also fills out a related table with further information. My goal is to share this information publicly in an Operations Dashboard but only show the main layers attributes and hide the geometry (fire locations) and related table. Because this layer will be shared publicly, not showing a map or making the symbology invisible wont work because it will still be possible for users to find the original layer. Is it possible to create a specific layer view to hide the geometry and only be left with the attribute table info that can be used in a dashboard? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David, 

Thanks for the post. I noticed you had opened a support case and wanted to post the solution here in case anyone else had the same question:

• Export the feature layer an the related table as a File Geodatabase from ArcGIS Online
  • Open the File Geodatabase in ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro) and convert the Feature Layer into a Standalone Table. The latter, with the Table to Table geoprocessing tool
  • Create the relationship class again, but this time using the output Standalone table and not the Feature Layer. 
  • Add the new geodatabase  in the Content of ArcGIS Online 
  • Create the Dashboard 

Thanks, and let me know if there are any more questions on this. 

Best,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm trying to do the same thing and haven't found a solution yet. @Anonymous User 's solution would need to be a scheduled, automated process since our data is constantly updated. I wish creating a layer view had the option of hiding the geometry/shape field or something to just turn it into a table view.

0 Kudos