Hidden legend items still (usually) show up in gallery web app

Jump to solution
10-30-2013 04:41 PM
PaulSimpson
New Contributor III
I am using the configurable gallery web app template.  Each map has 4 layers, but I only want 1 layer to show up in the Legend.  The first time I tried hiding the layers, saving the layers, and saving the map, it worked.  Only the desired layer shows up in the web app legend for that map.  Every map we've generated since then all the layers continue to show up in the web app legend.  I keep thinking maybe if I can find the specific order of mouse clicks I used for the first map I can get it to work for the rest, but so far no dice.  I have found the order of mouse clicks sometimes does make a difference in how the maps appear in the gallery web app.  Has anyone else seen this and figured out how to consistently hide those pesky extra layers in the web app legend?

Thanks

Paul
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Paul,

This should be fixed in the December release. As a workaround, save the legend visibility for the layer to the web map instead of on the service item itself - that worked for me in the repro case I set up. To do this, open one of your existing web maps in the ArcGIS.com map viewer -> on the layers you want hidden in the legend, select show legend and then select hide legend -> save the web map. The legend visibility for the updated layers should then be reflected in the gallery application. You'll need to follow the same steps for each web map.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulSimpson
New Contributor III
Here is the web app in question.  The map that worked is 2013-10-24, presently the center top map, but that will change soon.  The other maps still show every layer despite the layers being marked as hide in legend by the user.

FNSB AQ map web app
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Paul,

This should be fixed in the December release. As a workaround, save the legend visibility for the layer to the web map instead of on the service item itself - that worked for me in the repro case I set up. To do this, open one of your existing web maps in the ArcGIS.com map viewer -> on the layers you want hidden in the legend, select show legend and then select hide legend -> save the web map. The legend visibility for the updated layers should then be reflected in the gallery application. You'll need to follow the same steps for each web map.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
PaulSimpson
New Contributor III
It works!  Thanks Chris!
0 Kudos