Help hosting multipatch feature.

Jump to solution
06-20-2016 08:15 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

I know this is probable an outrageous request But here goes. Would anyone be willing to host a multipatch feature for a few months for me? Currently our server does not support multipatch and will be a few months before it is upgraded. I have been given a project that would benefit from having the 3d buildings multipatch I created of our downtown area within it.

The multipatch file itself is 30 mb. It would be amazing if someone would be willing to help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Coming with Pro 1.3 and CityEngine 2016.0 you will be able to take your multipatch features and create scene layer packages which you can upload to ArcGIS Online to create hosted scene layers which will display your 3D buildings in the scene viewer to create web scenes which you can use in our templates, WAB or web apps you create with the 4.0 JS API.

What’s New in the Scene Viewer (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Russ

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

You can optionally host the multipatch feature class on ArcGIS Online.  If you have an ArcGIS Desktop license you are entitled to an ArcGIS Online Organization.

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jake. I do in fact have an AGOL for organizations account that I administer. Would I just zip the multipatch and add it as an item on my AGOL account?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Coming with Pro 1.3 and CityEngine 2016.0 you will be able to take your multipatch features and create scene layer packages which you can upload to ArcGIS Online to create hosted scene layers which will display your 3D buildings in the scene viewer to create web scenes which you can use in our templates, WAB or web apps you create with the 4.0 JS API.

What’s New in the Scene Viewer (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Russ

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Russell Roberts​ cant find a release date for ArcGIS Pro 1.3 any idea when?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The team is planning to have it ready for release mid July.

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

AWESOME! Cant wait

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Jake Skinner

I uploaded the multipatch to ArcGIS Online and this is what the result look like in the scene viewer.

I even played around with the layer settings, still no go.

0 Kudos