I have a layer with a Several thousand Parcel Polygons that I use for my City. I also have a set of PDF for Subdivision Plats. One pdf might be one Parcel or it might be 50 Just depends on the size of the Subdivision. I have a field in my layer that has the names of the Scanned PDFs. I want the public to be able to use these PDFs. I know i could just link them by name to our servers if it was just internal use. I thought I configure a popup in the web map to the field that i have set up for subdivision names and Link to the document. using, but I cant seem to link it I also dont want to put the URL in to every parcel one at a time. Does any one know of a way to do this. thanks for you help
To do this, you will need to:
1. Copy the PDFs to a web server (i.e. if you are using IIS, this is usually the C:\inetpub\wwwroot directory).
2. The web server will need to be externally accessible (i.e. outside of your firewall)
3. Add a new field to the feature class
4. Calculate the field to the web server's HTTPs URL + the field name containing the PDFs. For example, say you copied the PDFs to the following directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PDFs. You would calculate the field to be: 'https://server.domain.com/pdfs' + !fieldname!
You will now have a hyperlink to the PDFs.
Another option is to use geodatabase attachments:
1. Execute the Generate Attachment Match Table tool
2. Execute the Enable Attachments tool
3. Execute the Add Attachments tool
The PDFs will now be accessible through geodatabase attachments.