Help adding item (excel) to ArcGIS online

02-25-2019 12:17 PM
KarieKneller
New Contributor

New to ArcGIS online and Pro: Was able to add a geocoded excel sheet to My Content about a week ago, but now when I click 'Add Item' to my Content, nothing happens....have checked 'Publish as Hosted Layer'. It looks like I should be able to do it just like I did last time, but nothing happens now.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

HiKarie Kneller,

Would you be able to provide the excel spreadsheet so I can take a look at the data? If you're able to share, but don't want to upload the excel sheet here, my email is jcatanzarita@esri.com.

What browser were you trying this upload in? Does this behavior continue in a different browser? 

I was running into some similar behavior earlier today, however it wasn't geocoding related so I'm unsure if these incidents may be related. Regardless, I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
KarieKneller
New Contributor

I’ve tried a few spreadsheets, formatted in Access to have headers. I’m also not able to geocode when I add the data directly to my map in ArcGIS Pro (desktop). Error says the address can’t begin with a number…I don’t really see how an address doesn’t always start with a number…

The spreadsheets are attached in this email.

Also cannot simply add items to My Content in ArcGIS online…I am able to load it, and then when I click ‘Add Item’ at the bottom, nothing at all happens.

One thing…it is a spreadsheet that is shared on OneDrive, originally. I’ve had issues with certain features not working with shared spreadsheets. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, because even if I try moving it to my desktop, it’s a no go.

Thank you for your help!

Karie Kneller | Program Director, Data Management and US Missions

The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection

Phone | 913-544-0706 office

E-mail | karie.kneller@cor.org<mailto:karie.kneller@cor.org>

Mailing Address | 13720 Roe Avenue, Leawood, KS 66224

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I have a few questions

Are you using Chrome 72.x?

What happens when you try to Add from the web - do you see an error popup right away?

Can you try this in incognito?

Thanks!

KarieKneller
New Contributor

I am using Chrome. Sometimes I get an error that the file isn't supported when I add from web.

Not sure what incognito is...

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Its a mode in chrome. There is an issue with the latest chrome update that can block the Add Item from adding content. It appears to be happening when Chrome has a google user signed with autorfill passwords. This is an issue with Chrome and waiting on them to update and fix the issue. To work around the issue you can try Incognito Mode - link from google support here: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help 

KarieKneller
New Contributor

Thanks, I switched to Internet Explorer and now the problem is fixed. Thanks!

Karie Kneller | Program Director, Data Management and US Missions

The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection

Phone | 913-544-0706 office

E-mail | karie.kneller@cor.org<mailto:karie.kneller@cor.org>

Mailing Address | 13720 Roe Avenue, Leawood, KS 66224

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue with Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121. It works fine in Incognito, also with Firefox 65.0.2 (64 bits), but it would be great to fix it! 

Thanks !

Raynald.

JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Raynald GARNIER,

We currently have a bug logged within Esri Support regarding this behavior, so we're aware of the issue and have it documented. Ultimately, we're most likely going to be waiting on Google to fix the issue, unless we release a patch. All we can do for the time being is to utilize the workarounds.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause! 

Joe

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, Joe!