Select to view content in your preferred language

Handle multiple edit dates in AGOL

08-14-2018 08:52 AM
MarkLache1
New Contributor III

I have a service running that captures requests in AGOL and Collector. In this service I have a status field that records where the request sits in the workflow...pending, in progress, or complete. Right now I'm exploring my options to record the date and time when each status has been changed via Collector.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you considered enabling editor tracking on the service? To do this enable "Keep track of who created and last updated features" in the editing settings for the feature layer.

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
MarkLache1
New Contributor III

Yes that has already been implemented. The issue I have is in regards tot the edit date/time field that editor tracking creates. Every time a user comes in to edit data, this field is overwritten with the most recent edit date/time. I need to capture every date/time when the editor change my status field.

MarkLache1
New Contributor III

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

What kind of data are they updating at every edit? Are they adding new values, updating existing fields?

Currently editor tracking only tracks the most recent updates and the data creator. I'm wondering if adding a related record for each edit may help with your workflow.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
MarkLache1
New Contributor III

I want to keep track of edits to existing data. Right now I have a status field that I want to use as my trigger...as its changed from "received" to "in progress" I want this to trigger an email.

0 Kudos