Google Analytics for Open Data HUB

Jump to solution
12-07-2020 08:21 AM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Can I add Google Analytics tracking to my Open Data HUB?  When I go to Edit, Settings, the Google Analytics "enable" slider is greyed out. 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you own the existing hub site or just have permissions to edit it?  Because you can create a new site and add the tracking ID no problem it sounds like a permissions mismatch.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

It's greyed out because it's not in use, which is a little confusing.  If you click on the toggle switch it will turn to green and allow you to enter in the Google Analytics Tracking ID.

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

I am unable to click it - nothing happens.  The slider won't slide, so to speak.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

More info:  If I create a new HUB site, I am able to slide that slider and get the box to plug in a Google Analytics ID.  But the slider will not activate for my existing Open Data HUB site.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you own the existing hub site or just have permissions to edit it?  Because you can create a new site and add the tracking ID no problem it sounds like a permissions mismatch.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Yep, that was it.  I was logged in as "me", with permissions to edit, which doesn't include permissions for the Google slider. 

I logged out, logged back in as our organizational admin user (which is owner of the site) and now it works. 

Thanks Reese. 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos