Filter (view) on related tables

02-21-2019 12:18 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Related to my question Showing different views in web map depending on named user I am working now on the  workaround.

I have a feature service with related tables. In the feature service are different sites that I can filter and save as a view but it would not filter the related tables. Now I filtered the tables in the web map but when I share the view of my table with the user that should only be able to see his site's data he can open the layer in the back end of AGOL and can still access the full tables. What can I do? I also tried with a query on the table before publishing but it is still uploading the full table. My (totally not satisfying solution) for now is to save the seperate sites with their related tables in extra feature services. This is not really a sustainable solution especially when the data will be updated sooner or later...

Besides, is there somehow a way to share only the final application with someone without giving them access to the sub products (feature service, web map,...) ? Ideally I would like to share only the final story map with the user that has the apps limited to his site. But as soon as he can see the base url of the story map he would also be able to login to the content page etc. 

I am happy to hear what ever ideas you have to solve this...

6 Replies
ChristophRömer
New Contributor III

i am also looking for a solution for years...

DPS_GIS_COORD
New Contributor II

I think this link has the answers to your questions. This works really well to limit the amount of exposure you final application and the associated data have with public users. I'm not sure how well it works if you are sharing content with users inside of your organization, but you can give it a try. 

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000017029 

0 Kudos
ChristophRömer
New Contributor III

I don't see the connection between your link and the problem of filtering related tables?

0 Kudos
SarahPC
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue with not having the related tables filter by the view.

JoeStefanoni
New Contributor III

I have a somewhat related question.  Is it possible to filter a feature layer to display a selected subset from a related table?  In my situation, there is a field called Program_Type in the related table and I only want to display those records in the main layer with a Program_Type value of DPCC.  Is this possible using a filter or some other means?

0 Kudos
JordanLandrum
New Contributor

@JoeStefanoni I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Did you ever come across a solution?

0 Kudos