field maps designer: conditional visibility based on arcade expression and related tables

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor II

When editing the visibility option with an arcade expression, I don't see any "featureset" functions, where I would normally get "featuresetbyname", "featuresetbyid", "featuresetbyrelationshipname", etc.

mikAMD_0-1686078647085.png

I'm trying to get conditional visilibity for a field based on a related table and a field previously entered by the user in the form.

Can't seem to get related attributes in the form designer.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are two types of profiles available for forms, Form Calculation and Form Constraint. The Form Constraint profile is for setting such things as field visibility. Unfortunately, FeatureSet functions are not available for the Form Constraint profile. In the documentation, functions lists the profiles where it works. For example, FeatureSet works in these profiles:

Profiles: Attribute Rules | Dashboard Data | Popups | Field Calculation | Form Calculation | Tasks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are two types of profiles available for forms, Form Calculation and Form Constraint. The Form Constraint profile is for setting such things as field visibility. Unfortunately, FeatureSet functions are not available for the Form Constraint profile. In the documentation, functions lists the profiles where it works. For example, FeatureSet works in these profiles:

Profiles: Attribute Rules | Dashboard Data | Popups | Field Calculation | Form Calculation | Tasks

mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor II

Too bad. I'll see if I can find a workaround.

Thanks for your answer and documentation!

0 Kudos
SFM_WillBrewer
New Contributor III

Thanks for this post! I was working on a similar line. As a workaround, I discovered that you can calculate the value you want from the fetureset into a field and then use that as an input into your form visibility calc. Not great since it essentially means you have to have calcs to do the job of one (and store the intermediary value somewhere).