Select to view content in your preferred language

Features lost while uploading to Hosted Service

08-05-2013 11:36 AM
ChristopherMcClain
Occasional Contributor II
I have uploaded Parcel Data (polygon) and Pipe Information (line) to hosted services in a free trial ArcGIS Online for Orgs hosted service.  It appears that not all of the features are coming across.  Random features seem to be dropped during the upload process.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

Chris McClain
Brick Twp MUA
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

How are you identifying the features are dropping?
Can you provide examples or screenshots?

Andrew
0 Kudos
ChristopherMcClain
I have attached two images one named source which is the ArcMap document I used to upload the parcel data (green polygons) to ArcGIS Online hosted service.  The second image named AGOL is what shows up on both the web map and ArcGIS for iOS applications when viewing the map.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
HI Chris,

If you zoom in a little, do you see the missing polygons appear?
If you run a Check Geometry, are these polygons flagged?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
ChristopherMcClain
I have zoomed in as far as possible with the given base map and the parcels do not appear.  The source data is an SDE database (SQL) so I can't run the check geometry tool on it.

Chris M
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

Would you be willing to share the Service Definition that is associated with this service, and e-mail me the link to it at astauffer@esri.com?

It will help us take a deeper look at what could be happening.

Andrew
0 Kudos
TimothieBiggs
New Contributor II
I had this experience repeatedly today. I tried to create and post a service from desktop 10.1 maybe 8 or 9 times and every time it dropped parts or in one instance it chewed them up. Very frustrating. It is a dataset I have loaded before successfully and it had not changed - I was just reposting it to take advantage of the ability to increase the feature limit via desktop. Ultimatley I gave up - but having aready deleted the prior copy I was not happy....will try again tomorrow...
0 Kudos
EvanSepa1
New Contributor III
I uploaded a cemetery plots polygon layer the other day to my AGOS account and everything worked perfect . . .

I added a new cemetery with a dozen or so new plots, to the 4000 existing already, and uploaded the layer again (trying both overwriting the old feature service and making a new feature service)

The new plots will not show up on the basic web mapping viewers or in my flex application . . . however when I consume this hosted feature service layer back in ArcMap 10.1 Basic the plots show up?!

Perhaps others who are getting dropped features should check to see if the hosted feature services shows properly when consumed in ArcMap.
0 Kudos
TimothieBiggs
New Contributor II
Update - tried again today - still no luck - in fact getting server time out error messages...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Timothie,

If you could also e-mail me a link to the SD file that would be great, and might help understand what the problem is there. I'm working with the data Chris sent trying to find the issue.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos