Feature Template in ArcGIS Online

12-17-2017 08:01 PM
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Can ArcGIS Online support feature template like ArcMap? I need to  symbolize a feature class based on two fields. ArcGIS Online does not support unique multiple fields symbology, thus I concatenate the 2 fields. The field looks like: Found, In Progress

Found, Closed 

Lost, In Progress

Lost, Closed

In ArcMap, I can edit the feature template to show only 'In Progress' projects in Create Feature. When I published it to ArcGIS Online, in the edit pane, it shows all the types 'closed' and 'in progress'. When I delete the 'Closed' ones in the Manage template, these 'Closed' types are deleted from edit dialog box from: 

I am trying to create a web app for editing. When users add new features, they will only have the choices of creating 'In progress' types and later they will edit the these feature to 'Closed.'

How will these feature template and subtype rules are applied in ArcGIS Online or if i publish these services with ArcGIS Server? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Elle W,

Are you looking to add four different domain values for users to select from such as in this example?

https://arcg.is/1auj8G 

OR are you hoping to select In Progress or Closed and then Found Report or Lost Report?

When you set up a feature Template in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro with subtypes and domains, they will be included when publishing a feature service to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Server.

You can also add domains to new hosted feature layers through http://developers.arcgis.com and use the dataset in ArcGIS Online web apps.

-Kelly

ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Hello Kelly Gerrow

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I am actually trying have a symbology that represents 2 value, but ArcGIS Online/Portal does not support that. So I concatenate the 2 fields. 

During editing, adding new feature, I will like to have only 2 options for the users to select: 

- Lost, In Progress

- Found, In Progress  

And when editing the existing feature,they have the options all the 4 options: 

- Lost, In Progress

- Lost, Closed

- Found, In Progress  

- Found, Closed

I also used Subtype so that the other 2 fields are being updated using the Default Value. 

e.g. Lost, In Progress

Type: Lost

It work well in ArcMap, but when I bring them to ArcGIS Portal, the Default Values within the subtype are not working like the way ArcMap does. 

0 Kudos