Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Service Edits - Editing a table that has a join to pre-existing polygon features

06-08-2016 04:54 AM
MarkEnglish
Deactivated User

I am trying to make a feature service editable on ArcGIS Online.  It is a simple design, with one geospatial layer, that has a join to a project table.  I want to make the project table editable, although (even in ArcMAP), one must save out the two joined tables into one new feature class to make it editable.  I have been advised, that I would need to create a 'view' in the SDE database to make this work.  When creating a view, I am uncertain what to put into the 'definition' window.  I assume it would be something pertaining to the join in the two datasets, maybe the fields being joined, but I don't know.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks- M-

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

It sounds like they are suggesting you create the join with SQL in the view. Here is an example of how I created a join with SQL between a table called customer and another table called orders:

- My Customer Table (spatial):

customer.jpg

- My Orders table (attributes):

orders.jpg

- Right clicked the database in ArcCatalog and did create View and pasted the SQL query:

view_def.jpg

- My resulting spatial view contains the selected fields and the spatial point data from the Customer feature class and the chosen fields from the orders table called Joined_Customer:

sql_join.jpg

I then published this as a hosted service to ArcGIS online and I am able to edit the Joined_Customer layer:

result.jpg

Does that help?

Thanks,

Katie