Feature Search broken?

433
7
Jump to solution
06-27-2019 07:13 AM
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

Has anyone else seen their feature search function within a web map broken since the AGO upgrade yesterday?  We're searching an address point layer and the search suggestions work fine but when entered the selected feature is a completely different address.  If you hit enter a second time to do the search again it selects the correct one.

I only noticed after yesterday's upgrade.

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

the data is being updated nightly via script and I believe we recently upgraded ArcServer.

Without knowing more about your particular setup, it looks like one of the servers behind your load balancer is serving stale/ incorrect info. If nothing obvious stands out, it may be best to contact technical support (could be a bug somewhere in the stack).

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott, possible to share the map where you're seeing this? My username is cwwhitmore if you prefer / are able to invite me to a group that has the map shared with it.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

Yeah sure.  I just created a test one and it still happens, https://arcg.is/0L0yDb 

Try searching for 216 CROFT ST for example.

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Awesome thanks. Was your ArcGIS Server (or data) recently updated? There seems to be a conflict there with queries returning incorrect object IDs.

To "search" for features in a layer, the feature search function executes a query against the service powering the layer using the input you're searching for. In this case the service seems to be returning an incorrect object id for 216 CROFT ST, which results in the incorrect match on the map. What's odd though is that sometimes the query seems to return the correct object id (which may explain why the second time worked for you).

You can see the behavior with this request (the query which passes along your address input to the layer).

https://citygis.greenvillesc.gov/arcgis/rest/services/GeneralData/GeneralData/MapServer/0/query?f=pj...

It sometimes returns (this is the correct OID):

"features":[{"attributes":{"FULLADDRESS":"216 CROFT ST","OBJECTID":27054}}]

Other times it returns (incorrect OID): 

"features": [ { "attributes": { "FULLADDRESS": "216 CROFT ST", "OBJECTID": 6448 } } ]

If you reload the above request a few times, you should see the behavior I described.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

I see what you're describing here.

Regarding your questions, the data is being updated nightly via script and I believe we recently upgraded ArcServer.

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

the data is being updated nightly via script and I believe we recently upgraded ArcServer.

Without knowing more about your particular setup, it looks like one of the servers behind your load balancer is serving stale/ incorrect info. If nothing obvious stands out, it may be best to contact technical support (could be a bug somewhere in the stack).

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

Thanks, I'll look into that.  I thought that might be the case and so I checked the data for each one and they were identical.  I'll try to troubleshoot some more.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-4eCuGRDZm2v8
New Contributor II

Chris, 

Yep this was the issue.  Our second server wasn't getting the data update script.  

Thanks for your help.

Scott