Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer (hosted, view) not displaying in map viewer, but will in map viewer classic

Jump to solution
11-14-2022 01:51 PM
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

hello- 

I created several feature layer views off a hosted feature layer last week. I had these all added to a web map and configured with pop-ups etc. I could see everything just fine before leaving last week for the weekend. My end users notified me today that nothing was showing up in the map/app. 

I did some testing, and even rebuilt the view layers from scratch- but these layers won't show up in the map viewer. I can see the symbology count and the data in the table, but nothing on the map. On a whim, I brought the same layers into Map Viewer Classic and everything shows up as expected.

VanessaSimps_0-1668462453269.pngVanessaSimps_1-1668462460603.png

any thoughts on why this is happening?? Thank you in advance! Vanessa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think I see what the issue is. It looks like the display order is set on a field that no longer. I haven't tested out the exact workflow yet but I am guessing the order was set on creationdate for the original layer and then the view does not have that field but is getting that display order applied to it. 

I shared back a web map to the group using one of the views that originally showed the error which now loads in MV.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vanessa, 

Out of curiosity are your end-users accessing the content via a shared distribution/partnered collaboration group?

And, what about the filters configured on the feature layer view... do you use a date time filter? 

Regards, 

Nina Cehak (Canberra, Australia)

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

Hi -

No, end users aren't part of a collab. 

yes, to the date filter - I am using, within the last year.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Could you share the map and layer(s) and I can take a look. You can pop them into a group and invite russell_jsapi into it and I can see if I can spot the issue. 

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

Thanks @RussRoberts - I have created a group and added you in. let me know if you don't see the invite or can't access the data.

Two things I did notice is that when I click on the "visualization" tab, that the data opens in the classic viewer style map and not in the new map viewer style map. it feels like all of the data is somehow stuck in classic?? 

There is an Arcade expression/filter set on the view layers that I can't access or change. it is setting them with the Approval Status of Submitted and I can't get rid of it.

VanessaSimps_0-1668527754827.png

thank you again, Vanessa

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks! I got it and see an error in the dev console ( esri.views.2d.layers.features.sources.SnapshotFeatureSource] mapview-snapshot-source Encountered and error when downloading feature snapshot )

Taking a look to see what could be causing this. Do you have the uploaded file available (SD, Fgdb etc) that created the layer originally? 

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

ok! I do have the data. what is the best way to get that to you? zip it and add it here?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

here's the original data

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think I see what the issue is. It looks like the display order is set on a field that no longer. I haven't tested out the exact workflow yet but I am guessing the order was set on creationdate for the original layer and then the view does not have that field but is getting that display order applied to it. 

I shared back a web map to the group using one of the views that originally showed the error which now loads in MV.

VanessaSimps

VanessaSimps_0-1668531218063.png

I am still not seeing the dots on the map??? But- the data is in the table and the symbology is being counted??? This is what I was seeing prior. 

0 Kudos