Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer (hosted, view) not displaying in map viewer, but will in map viewer classic

Jump to solution
11-14-2022 01:51 PM
VanessaSimps
Frequent Contributor

hello- 

I created several feature layer views off a hosted feature layer last week. I had these all added to a web map and configured with pop-ups etc. I could see everything just fine before leaving last week for the weekend. My end users notified me today that nothing was showing up in the map/app. 

I did some testing, and even rebuilt the view layers from scratch- but these layers won't show up in the map viewer. I can see the symbology count and the data in the table, but nothing on the map. On a whim, I brought the same layers into Map Viewer Classic and everything shows up as expected.

VanessaSimps_0-1668462453269.pngVanessaSimps_1-1668462460603.png

any thoughts on why this is happening?? Thank you in advance! Vanessa

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Made the switch to a different display order field can you try now? 

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup the snapshot is the loading in the map view and wont impact the table query. Can you try one thing for me under the visualization tab for the layer above switch the default display order to another field and click save and then try the open the layer back in the map. 

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Frequent Contributor

I just ran a test where I added the Creation Date filed back (I had it hidden in the view settings). And the layer is now show as expected! I also adjusted the display order to point to OBJECTID instead of the CreationDate, then went back to the view settings and hid the creation date field. This seems to have fixed the issue!

I will do this for the other view layers as well. 

Thank you for your assistance sleuthing this one out. I was going nuts trying to figure out what happened!

Vanessa

0 Kudos